Prof. P-A. Abrahamsson (SE)
Assoc. Prof. P. Cornford (GB)
Dr. L.H. Klotz (CA)
Dr. D.P. Leong (CA)
This online curriculum addresses the unmet needs in personalised management of Prostate Cancer patients with history and risk of CVD events and is initiated by The Canadian Urological Association, the International Cardio-Oncology Society together with the European Association of Urology.
The curriculum is divided into a series of educational online modules, each one consisting of pre-recorded sessions and a live webinar. During the first module the following topics will be addressed:
1) What are the main comorbidities in men with prostate cancer and how do they affect the outcomes?
2) Which patient needs more assessment before making a decision on the treatment?
3) What are the major risks of CVD?
1) What is the impact of T decrease on CVD?
2) How do ADT and antiandrogens affect the CVD risk profile
3) What are novel hormonal treatments and how do they affect the CVD risk profile?
4)What CVD risk assessment tools are available
This educational activity has been funded by Ferring Pharmaceutical. The educational programme of this online activity has been a collaboration with Ferring Pharmaceutical, but independently developed and approved by the Canadian Urological Association, the International Cardio-Oncology Society together with the European Association of Urology