This 2019 document presents a full update of the 2018 PCa Guidelines publication.
The literature for the complete document has been assessed and updated, where relevant. Evidence summaries and recommendations have been amended throughout the current document and several new sections have been added.
- Section 5.2.4 – The role of multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging (mpMRI) in clinical diagnosis, has been completely revised, also including data from a recent Cochrane review . As a result new recommendations for imaging have been provided throughout these guidelines.
- The literature for Section 5.4 – Evaluation of health status and life expectancy, has been updated, resulting in an additional recommendation.
- Due to the comprehensive revision of all imaging sections, recommendations for imaging for a number of text sections have been changed, or added to.
- A new text Section 6.2.6 – Persistent PSA after radical prostatectomy, has been added.
- Section 6.3 – Management of PSA-only recurrence after treatment with curative intent, has been completely revised, introducing the concept of patient stratification into EAU low- and high-risk recurrence groups based on the findings of a systematic review (SR). New recommendations have been provided.
- Based on the complete update of Section 6.4 – Metastatic prostate cancer, new recommendations have been included.
Section 6.3 – Management of PSA-only recurrence after treatment with curative intent.